I don’t normally do resolutions. For one, they’re hokey, for two, I just don’t, OK?! Now, get off my back.
That being said, I am going to try working on things — personally and professionally — this year.
Without further ado, here’s what I will be working on this year:
• Being more even-keeled. I don’t have a temper, but I would like to be able to control my emotions a bit easier.
• Work many, many more shows — be it front of house or monitors (I can confidently do monitors now, thanks to Keith) I want to work as many shows as possible.
• Produce a local band who’s writing or recording an album. Last studio production work I did never saw the light of day — I want that to change. Do complete work from production to mixing and mastering. I have plenty to bring to the table, now if only someone can help me get going.
• Get back to seeing Leo.
• Do more with my life that makes me happy. Sure, there are some things that don’t excite you or put a smile on your face, it feels as though I did those things more than the things that made me happy. Happiness, not just being content, is what I am shooting for here.
• Trying not to let things out of my control bother me so much. This is a professional thing, as there are plenty of things at the office that bother me which I have no control over. What can I say, I’m a passionate guy.
• Write blog posts which don’t include bullets. I have a ton on my mind about a lot of different things — hence the bullets in three of the past four posts.
• Make some headway with my writing project. Outside of some minor formatting, I didn’t write a single word. This thing is three years in the making, and it’s only 8,088 words. I am not overly confident in it, either. As time has passed, I feel like it’s devolved instead of evolved. Weird, I know, since I haven’t written a damn thing. I will take another deep-reading dive into it soon and see if it can be salvaged.
That’s my list. Do you have anything you want to work on/are working on? Let me know!